Monday, July 20, 2026

Shannons Spirit is…

back in action !!! Yabadabadoo.! ( for you younger folks, that s a good emotion…for you older folks…well maybe check in with Yogi Bear. Finally, after 48 long and expensive days, SV Shannon’s Spirit has tossed the dock lines, backed slowly out of her temporary slip, spun her wheel and made a run for it; Before anything else could possibly go wrong!! Some might say I’m a pessimist others may call me paranoid. I must admit I am little shell shocked. It appears to me we’ve either removed, repaired or replaced almost every essential item responsible for being safe, comfortable and a darn good sailboat. The important feeling is freedom. Free from systems we don t know well enough to discuss, free from the most expensive boat maintenance and repair I have ever experienced with this boat or any one of the previous 9, and free to begin to seriously plan our summer cruise. Phew…. Our shake down cruise has us currently enjoying two nights at Otter Bay Marina sharing time with dear friends on their boat. Tomorrow we head to Montague, aiming to arrive about 1000 hours which is when many of the current occupants of the mooring balls will be leaving… and the next day we point our collective noses north to head up and around the north tip of Saltspring Isl. and then on to our home in Maple Bay. Shaking off the angst of the delay, we shall happily firm up our plans for our 2026 summer cruise. We won t be travelling great distances but we will be visiting some of our favourite anchorages as well a new-to-us anchorages. Dates and timing are still in the sand, waiting to be firmed up prior to our day of departure. Loose and local will be our key goals this year. Until I write again, I wish you carefree days and happiness…and good quality sunscreen. CJ > >

Uploaded Image

> > svshannon.blogspot.com > cjdaley727.wixsite.com/cjdaley >