Saturday, February 17, 2024

Stuff happens in threes… right?

I think we're there. First there was the accident… then there was an earthquake. Remember last summer when our sail to Desolation was rudely interrupted by my toothache; and our speedy return to home where I underwent not one but two root canals on said tooth - which involved working through the crown to conduct the root canal. Well…… yesterday, while enjoying some lunch with friends, the &@#$!! crown came off. The good news? I didn't swallow it. The bad news; now I have to go to a dentist.

There is one positive to all this. I'm pretty sure I'll be needing some implants in the years to come and I'm absolutely certain my savings account won't be big enough to cover the cost of having them in Canada. But, as we sit here in El Centro we are very close to the Mexican border in general and Algodones in particular. So, IF the crown had to fall off… this is the place where I would have wanted that to happen. A good friend of ours has seen one of the many dentists in Algodones for years and his dentist has been very good (and his implants have presented no problems). So, while I don't need implants at this time 🤞I will be meeting Dr. Chavez on Monday at 1 PM. The plan is, we drive to the border (about one hour away) and park. Then we walk across the border and to his office; a short walk. I'll let you know how it goes.

The pics I've included are of one of our morning 'fly byes' (the Blue Angels are training for an upcoming show and they practice in our skies… a terrific show) and of another creature of flight, I caught at the small lake in the resort.

I hope your skies are blue, your sun is warm… and your teeth are firmly planted 😀
Have a good day. CJ