Sunday, February 25, 2024

Catalina State Park

There are dozens of State Parks throughout Arizona and I doubt we'll have enough time in our life to visit them all. That being said, there are a few that draw us back year after year and this is one of them. Nestled along the foot of the Santa Catalina Mountains, the park offers walking and hiking trails as well as babbling (and some not so babbling) streams and beautiful scenery all around. The sites are well maintained by the park hosts and the surrounding desert feels like, and basically is, wilderness. We're here for a few days before we push north to the Apache Junction territory. All is well here and my teeth have stopped hurting 😀. I wish you all a good day and hope you find beauty wherever you are. CJ

PS. always be careful where you poke your nose. This morning I pulled Maddie away from a large flat rock she was finding interesting and when I bent down to see what was so intriguing…. I was looking at the back of a rather large sleeping snake!! Needless to say we backed off a fair distance lest we wake the sleeping giant.

www.cjdaley.ca