Wednesday, January 17, 2024

I could be angry… but I’m not.


A little disappointed, you bet, but how could I be angry when Mother Nature delivered today's message with such beauty. So instead of being angry, I'm going to be thankful for the accurate weather forecasts that allowed us to be prepared (the truck is already packed and had brand new tires installed yesterday and the trailer is almost packed);  thankful we have a warm home to shelter in and food in our cupboards; and thankful for our neighbours who have offered to use their new snow blower to keep a path up the driveway clear (when it snows) for our friend who checks on the house when we're away. I'm also thankful we have the opportunity, health and means to go and play in the desert during some of our winter season. My aging bones are especially grateful. 

Needless to say we are, yet again, tweaking our plans... this time with respect to the leaving date. Although still written in sand, it has been moved from Friday to Sunday.  Here's hoping dear old BC Ferries will be running from Duke Point to the mainland. I say mainland cuz I can never remember how to spell Tswassen .  (I'm sure that's wrong too 🙄).

Anyway, there you have it... the snow shovels are resting, having shoveled out the driveway, the path to the trailer and around the truck.  Oh, and a place for Maddie in the back yard so she can... you know.

I hope those of you caught in this latest Arctic weather are safe and cozy and tucked in until it changes. Travel by road is at it's most dangerous in this kind of weather. Please be safe.  TTFN  Always,  CJ.