Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Music for the Soul

As it happened, we arrived at our Inn located in historic downtown Chatlottetown, just in time.  After checking in and parking our car, we were able to pop down to  The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse, for a bit of lunch, a pint of Irish ale and a couple hours of delightful celtic music. 

The pub's tagline is 

'FOOD FOR THE BODY, 
    DRINK FOR THE SPIRIT and 
          MUSIC FOR THE SOUL' 

and we enjoyed all three. 

One of the regular customers gave us his table as he was leaving and it turned out to be the best in the house.  It was an informal jam session and the musicians came and went as it suited them. The atmosphere was casual and friendly and I had a chance to chat with one of the bodhran players who, at one point, offered me his drum to play.  (I wisely declined. While I actually own one of these, I have barely more than a clue how to play it!). 

Here's a short clip, to give you a taste.  Enjoy the toe-tapping tune,
Kathy