Thursday, February 27, 2014

Golf this morning, this must be Wednesday…

Yes, I’m delighted to report that one of my dreams about retirement has come true…. if even for just a few short weeks.  I’m playing golf and tennis (yup, tennis, believe it or not…) each week… and lovin’ it.  Kathy too has jumped into the tennis and golf ‘swing’ and she’s acquired a new (to her) Head tennis racket.. now resplendent with a new grip…  You see there’s a tennis clinic on Thursday afternoons for the newly bitten… er smitten and those of us that have had a bit of a lay off.  Now I don’t think they mean 38 years of a lay off but…. oh well, Brian (the coach) took me in anyway and has been working on my ‘very’ old fashioned style.  Seems backswing is ‘out’ and wrist is ‘in’…. Okay… I can do this…  and it feels good.  Kathy’s joining us this Thursday and she’s already picked up some of the drills I’ve showed her very well….  As well,we’ve had a chance  to golf several times.  Absolutely nothing consistent about either of our games… not yet anyway.  Hopefully time (and practice) will improve that.  If I haven’t mentioned it already, besides a swimming pool, hot tub and tennis court within a few hundred feet of us…  there is an 18 hole par 3 golf course, and a nine hole par 3.  It’s pretty hard not to get motivated to get up and get moving….

DSCN3604 DSCN3602 DSCN3603

As you can tell, we like this place, and were supposed to be leaving this Saturday.  Note the use of the word ‘were’… Kathy has found us another spot so we can stay another 5 days.  That way we can wait out the rain storms that will be lashing the coast and north of us… and then it will be time to start winding our way north to home.

 DSCN3595 DSCN3598 DSCN3599

As you can see, little Lucy seems quite comfortable surrounded by her gigantic kin…

Tracey, the gal looking after 1398 has sent us some photos of the snow in Maple Bay.  Yikes… it reminds me of our first winter there… with snow up to our knees….  Can’t say I’m sorry we’re not there… but I sure hope it cleans up quickly for all of you guys up there and for sure, by the time we hit the border :-)  Chuck hasn’t had to deal with snow for several years (since he was a much younger lad) and Lucy… well she’s a southern girl… doesn’t even know what snow is ….  yet.

Guess that’s all our news for now…  The next time I write I’ll be telling you about a friend of ours who has had a terrible accident in Mexico. It’s the kind of thing that could happen to any one of us and I’ll be telling you about him and the event.

Until we write again… take good care… and be safe.  Hugs….  CJ