Thursday, September 8, 2016

Fwd: Hola from Carolyn

Here are a few more photos.  I need to warn you that exact locations and vessel identities have been the subject of debate since early hours this morning.  It's finally getting sorted out now but not everyone has heard about the status of their boat or property.  There are reports of much flooding of homes and many boats toppled in several different boat yards.  If, indeed, SSpirit is in tact (as has been reported to us)... we are two very lucky ladies.  

By the way, I've just been advised that Blue Water Sailing Magazine has published one of my articles in their August issue.  Still haven't seen it myself but, oddly enough, it's my article titled "Summer Sleeps for Winter Boats" and it's all about putting your baby to bed in a Mexican boat yard.  Now, after a visit from Newton, I must confess... that all the preparation in the world will not deter Mother Nature.  All we can do is our best to stave off her efforts to offend.

Going to take a break now.... back to painting boat parts (steps 'n shelves 'n things like that :-)  7 more sleeps...  😁