Thursday, April 14, 2016

On the eve of a leaving...

Wow, can't believe it's time to leave already... I know I've whined about wanting to go home... Who could blame me? (and shame on you if you do :-). But, Sophie and I are sitting here (Kathy's gone to the pool to cool off) and we're watching a fellow brave the wind, and golf himself around the course. It's so quiet, because of the wind and the heat, that he's got the course to himself. He's playing three balls at once; getting his monies worth I'd say. He is, however, also battling quite a wind from the beam, as well as blowing leaves and small branches.....

This land cruising is almost as crazy as sea cruising. Lucy is all spiffed up, washed and waxed by a fellow who knew what he was doing; and Rikki also received a wash today. A fine looking rig if I ever saw one :-) We had our course all laid out. Plan A had us heading up Hwy I 5, due north...full speed ahead, taking in The Harris Ranch Inn at Coalinga, Rolling Hills RV at Corning, 7 Feathers at Canyonville, Or, Woodburn RV at Portland, and then on to the KOA at Port Angeles. THEN, we were wooed by friends who were heading up 395... so we changed our plans and wrote up Plan B. Plan B was wonderful... beautiful scenic drive, avoiding tons of congestion around larger cities...and ending up at Portland anyway.

And then we checked the weather and road condition forecasts. Rats!!

Guess what? We're back to Plan A. The winds forecast for the Plan B route are horrific. 30-40 MPH in some places. Our 'keep it safe' genes just won't let us do that...and we're determined to leave tomorrow...so, back to Plan A it is. All I can say about this is, just remember, all plans are made in sand,., just below the high tide or high wind mark.

I'll let you know where we end up, after we get there....
For now. Adios... Talk to you when next I can.



Sent from my iPad