Thursday, January 29, 2015

Winding down...

It's lunch hour here at the ship yard... a very humid and muggy lunch hour (we're expecting rain); and I'm just taking a moment while I wait, to check in. Tonight's my last night sleeping on the boat. I move off to a nearby condo tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to miss my little, nautical, messy cave. I've grown accustomed to tripping on the wobbly floor board on the way to the heads, banging my knee on the rolled up dinghy as I pass, and peering out the small windows trying to see... each time a big tractor towing a boat rumbles by. The drivers are very skilled and can wheel a huge sailboat around like it was a Dinky toy (for those of you younger than me... Dinky toys were cool and not what you might think). Those of you my age or older know exactly to what I refer. My English racing green sports car was my personal favorite.

I've spoken to a few of you and admitted that I'm tired and ready to come home, and that is true; however I do want to say that I am so glad I came down. So glad to have spent several weeks getting to know the SV Shannon's Spirit, and also glad to have had the time to make some repairs and improvements. This is a great boat (still small enough I can call her little... especially when you see her lined up with all the other beauties down here :-), and I'm really looking forward to actually heading off to continue our explorations on her. Anyway, I'm glad I came and I'm also happy it's time to come home. I've been missing my 'family' and it's time to rest up and knuckle down at home and find some new digs for the spring. I also have several projects already waiting for me... And quite a few more I'm bringing home with me.

So I guess that's about it... nothing much more to report. I'll spend Sunday and Monday resting, reading, watching football (along with the rest of the US world on Sunday) and perhaps writing. Then early Tuesday I'll be on the road starting my two day trip home. There won't be much to report so you'll likely not hear from me until...well... until something juicy happens worthy of reporting :-)

So for now me amigas y amigos... adios and farewell... Take good care of yourselves? Oh, there is one more thing... Kathy reports that Miss Sophie, Sophia, Princess Sophie (PS), Her Exalted Highness (HEH), etc., etc., is doing GREAT!! AMAZING!! and, well... hot damn!! That's good news. Adios.

Sent from my iPad