Sunday, December 30, 2012

and so it goes… bye bye 2012

Hi all. It’s been some time since I’ve written.  I must admit it was hard to imagine what I could say that wouldn’t sound too sad, or too lonely, or too whatever… so like all good writers, I opted to say nothing.

But now, it’s December 30th and we’re one day away from welcoming in a new year. The dawn of 2013 gives us all an opportunity to welcome a new day, make a fresh start, do some of those things we always thought we should…  It’s a time for reflection too.  If you’re like me, you’ll understand when I say there are things that have happened over the past year that I hope to never forget… and there are things that happened last year, I wish I could undo. Unfortunately I can’t change a single thing… I can only learn from the experience and hope to grow from what I’ve taken in.

As you know we lost a good man, Kathy’s dad Ken; and another good guy, my dad Ted,  is having his challenges. Seems life’s like that - and so it will go one day for each of us. Until that day I am determined to keep moving forward.  There is so  much to see and so much to experience in this world, in this life. For me, the start of 2013 will be a time to ramp up my energy levels… pull myself out of this bit of a slump and get going.

Kathy will return to the good ship Shannon at the end of January and I hope, by then, to have her (the ship that is :-) all spiffed up and ready to go.  After a few days of whirlwind tours of Mazatlan (restaurants :-) we’ll be on our way. We’re hoping to visit at least a couple of anchorages before we turn our nose back towards La Paz.  We’re due back in La Paz by mid-March to prepare Shannon for her summer vacation in a La Paz shipyard.

So that’s our world in a nut shell.  Our heart goes out to friends, Dianne and Mary,  who have each recently lost a parent as well. 

And, we wish you a wonderfully good start to a fresh new year….

From all of us, to all of you..

Happy New Year everyone…

all the best in 2013.